Columbine Health Systems has been a proud leader in senior health care for the past 50 years in Northern Colorado. We are an organization designed to not only dedicate ourselves to the care of our residents, but also to our valued employees.
Columbine Commons Health & Rehab is located at 1475 Main St. Windsor, CO and is a Skilled Nursing Facility providing rehabilitation, nursing care, dementia care, and hospice services to the geriatric community.
We are accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Nursing/RN able to work:
- Full Time
- 8 am to 4:30 pm
- On-call rotation required
- Starting wage between $70K - $95K (depending on experience)
Comprehensive Benefit Plans
Employees who work 24+ hrs. per week qualify for a full range of benefits including.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free health care clinics for anyone covered by the healthcare plan
- 401(k) & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Discounts at our pharmacy
- Discounts at our medical equipment stores
- Continuing Education Opportunities including scholarships, tuition reimbursement and discounted tuition rates with partnering educational institutions
- Retention Bonuses
Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON/ Infection Preventionist/ Nurse Manager
- The ADON works in collaboration with the Director of Nursing to direct the nursing department, including developing and maintaining nursing service objectives to ensure quality patient care and outcomes.
- The ADON assists in supervising staff in the nursing department, including employee recruitment, retention, development, staffing, and evaluation of each individual's continued employment.
- The ADON accepts responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Serves as the facility Infection Preventionist, overseeing the Infection Control program for the facility and ensuring compliance with all Federal and State requirements in that area.
- Works closely with the DON (Director of Nursing) assisting in managing the nursing department and working on additional projects as needed.
- Must be able to demonstrate results-oriented leadership with a high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to cultivate a strong team to support all aspects of patient care.
- Oversees the quality of care of residents.
- Serves as a coach and resource for nurses and CNAs.
- Assists DON with scheduling and staffing.
- Collaborates with Charge Nurses regarding acute issues.
- Help monitor and track quality measures.
- Work with the admissions department on pending admissions.
- The ADON/Infection Preventionist is required to be a Registered Nurse with an unencumbered license from the State of Colorado and has a preferred minimum of three years' experience in a hospital and/or long term care facility.
- Preferably one year of experience in a nursing leadership, management, rehabilitation nursing, and/or Skilled Nursing care or Long Term Care.
- Must have knowledge of nursing service administration, medical surgical nursing, geriatrics, and regulations governing skilled nursing facilities.
- Must have a strong knowledge of infection prevention and control.
- Must also have a good understanding of adult learning principles and effective teaching methods.
- BSN and acute care experience preferred.
Hiring Manager: Megan Gallegos
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Columbine Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.