NursingUniversity Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position develops and manages specialty programs within the organization. Provides leadership of the program, performing a variety of activities to establish the organization as a center of excellence for their practice area.
1. Assesses market to obtain data on new programs and information available regarding area of practice. Recommends and implements programs with potential short and long term financial viability. Develops identified programs in conjunction with multi-disciplinary partners.
2. Educates staff, physicians, patients and families, students and lay community. Develops strategies to implement evidence-based practices.
3. Acts as a champion for their area of practice, actively promoting concepts and approaches with clinicians to ensure growth of the program, positive influence of physician practice patterns and achievement of desired outcomes.
4. Engages in clinical and professional leadership and research activites, such as hospital-based committees, community, regional and/or national organizations and specialty-based program development.
5. Maintains accountability for financial tracking of the program. Assures collection of appropriate data to effectively gauge the impact of the program.
6. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
7. May participate in grand rounds in their area of practice.
8. Directly responsible for achieving positive growth. Focus on building professional relationships with referral sources, communicating feedback on service delivery from these sources and championing their practice area. Works with internal and external customers to promote teamwork, mutual understanding of business needs, creativity and open information sharing. Customers include employees and medical staff, staff and community physicians and members of the community.
Experience or education equivalent to a Bachelors in Nursing.
Current RN Licensure in state of practice.
Two to five years clinical experience in area of expertise. At least two years of experience in education, with a focus on adult learners.
Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication, be self-directed and able to work independently, as well as on teams. Demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management and oral/written presentations.
MSN preferred. Prior experience in marketing preferred. Professional certification in specialty preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.