How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
5 West is a 26-bed, newly renovated unit at Carilion Clinic that specializes in meeting the complex needs of the medical and/or surgical patient. Our patient population ranges from pneumonia and general medical conditions to minor surgical procedures and complex medical/psychosocial needs. A special focus of our team includes the complex issue of IV drug related infections that require up to 6 weeks of medical care. This special team consists of a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Peer Recovery Specialists, Addiction Physicians, Psychiatric Technicians, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and many others who are passionate about helping in the recovery of patients who have often lost hope for a future life. Our patients have lovingly named our unit “The Hope Unit”.
The Registered Nurse Team Lead serves as a team leader, clinical resource person, role model, coach and facilitator for staff and department operations. Has the responsibility and authority to lead their work group; resolve routine issues, and create a positive, productive and fiscally responsible work unit.
The RN Team Lead job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients as appropriate to service area.
- Utilizes leadership principles in mobilizing the patient care team to achieve positive patient outcomes. Follows-up on matters to insure they are successfully resolved.
- Assists manager/directors in assuring staff competence and contributes to staff performance development.
- Assists with and/or prepares work schedules for department or work group.
- Conducts individual and/or team meetings with their work group insuring effective two way communications, keep group informed, listens to needs and issues, resolves items brought to their attention, and follows up with team members and management on issues.
- Promotes positive work environment.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college.
Experience: Two years in clinical discipline preferred. One year in clinical discipline required with demonstrated clinical and leadership expertise.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). For Psychiatry and Behavioral Health De-escalation training must be successfully completed within four months of hire and then maintained going forward. Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 142343
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Nights, EOW
Recruiter: EMILY L HICKS
Recruiter Phone: 540-728-0504
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.