With a legacy that spans over 150 years, Bon Secours is a network that is dedicated to providing excellent care through exceptional people. At every level, everyone on our teams have embraced the call to provide compassionate care. Here, you can work with others who share common values, and use your skills to help extend care to all of our communities.
As a faith-based and patient-focused organization, Bon Secours exists to enhance the health and well-being of all people in mind, body and spirit through exceptional patient care. Success in this goal requires a culture of compassion, collaboration, excellence and respect. Bon Secours seeks people that are committed to our values of compassion, human dignity, integrity, service and stewardship to create an environment where associates want to work and help communities thrive.
Monitor Tech – Memorial Regional Medical Center
The Monitor Tech is responsible for measuring and monitoring EKG waveforms. The Monitor Tech needs to communicate information to nursing and clinicians effectively and efficiently utilizing hospital policy.
As the Monitor Tech, it is critical to contribute to patient safety and safe patient outcomes.
- Provides continuous cardiac monitor observation
- Informs nurses of essential information regarding equipment, changes in cardiac rhythm, and patient updates
- Compiles patient data and report on a shift by shift basis
- Takes care of the monitoring equipment and notification of bio-medical when equipment needs to be replaced or taken out of service for repairs
- Other duties as assigned
- Prior EKG or telemetry experience (preferred, not required)
- Successful completion of EKG/arrhythmia exam (required by end of orientation)
- EPIC Electronic Health Record (EHR) (preferred, not required)
Skills & Abilities:
- Possesses problem-solving skills, basic computer skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Engage with staff and patients in a professional manner
- Basic math skills
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
Paid time off
And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org