With a legacy that spans over 150 years, Bon Secours is a network that is dedicated to providing excellent care through exceptional people. At every level, everyone on our teams have embraced the call to provide compassionate care. Here, you can work with others who share common values, and use your skills to help extend care to all of our communities.
Director, Free Standing Emergency Department | Petersburg, VA
Southside Medical Center
Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Director of Emergency Services is responsible for twenty-four hour accountability, integration, facilitation, and coordination of the leadership, management, and clinical practice of the Emergency Department. The director serves as a professional role model, leader, mentor, and clinical resource for nurses and other members of the health care team. He/she must strive for operational excellence for patients related to cost, quality, service, and patient outcomes, and is responsible for development and implementation of plans that will support the overall strategic quality plan for the Emergency Department. To be successful the incumbent must represent the Nursing Leadership and is a liaison to internal and external customers, including physicians. Will participates in professional development activities and be active on hospital-wide and physician committees.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing. A baccalaureate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
2. Must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Commonwealth of Virginia or awaiting reciprocity, or licensure in specialty.
3. Possess a national certification in either Nurse Executive or Emergency Nursing or must obtain one of the certifications within one year of hire.
4. Work requires knowledge of organization and operation of a full service Emergency Department, patient care processes and throughput.
5. Requires in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of current theoretical approaches to the delivery of care and strategies for examining and applying relevant concepts and knowledge to practice and patient care.
6. Previous work experience in an Emergency Department leadership position that required knowledge of financial management, strategic planning, employee relations, and personnel supervision and practice preferred.
7. Strong organizational, project management, and communication (written and verbal) are required.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
Prescription drug coverage
Flexible spending accounts
Life insurance w/AD&D
Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when eligible
Paid time off
And much more
*Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com