Parham Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center in Richmond, a 180 bed rehabilitation and long-term care facility, is seeking a Laundry Assistant. If you're looking for a work environment where you can make a real difference in the lives of those you serve, consider a career with us!
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Washes and dries linen and other clothing.
- Folds and stores linen and clothing properly.
- Keeps the laundry in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Delivers linen and clothing to designated areas.
- Ensures that all patient clothing is properly identified.
- Reports loss and damage of linen or patient clothing to supervisor.
Job qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Prior laundry experience preferred; prior healthcare experience also preferred.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, understand, and write messages, and follow directions.
- Ability to perform as a team player and get along with all other employees.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Requires frequent lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, kneeling, etc.
- Must be able to operate dryers and washers and fold and hang linen and clothing.
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package for full time associates which include affordable health and dental insurance within 60-90 days of hire, paid time off, extra pay for holidays, and a 401k with company match.
Working for MFA at a LifeWorks Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center is no ordinary career. It takes pride and dedication. It takes a critical combination of technical skills balanced with people skills. Most of all it takes a unique person, with a caring heart and a passion for helping others. It's more than just a job...it's a calling.