If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Medicine, division of Infectious Diseases has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Research Associate 1 to work onsite on the UHealth campus. The Research Associate 1 supports research activities for the assigned division by conducting laboratory experiments on assigned research projects. Moreover, the incumbent operates with the goal of advancing his/her expertise through continued education, training, and research.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
- Participates in the publication of significant results.
- Maintains an overview of relevant research findings.
- Ensures all research is undertaken according to good research practice.
- Keeps abreast of current publications relative to methods, techniques, and developments within the area of research.
- Collects, prepares, analyzes, dissects, and evaluates specimens or tissue cultures.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment. Performs a variety of routine assays, tests, and studies.
- Performs calculations to complete research test results, collects data, and performs statistical analysis of laboratory results.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.