If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Patient Scheduler 3 (U) delivers quality customer service by communicating with patients over the phone to provide necessary information and is responsible for requesting information related to coordination and scheduling of diagnostic therapy and other procedures/treatments for UHealth. Interacts directly with referring physicians, radiologists, technologists, as well as patients to guarantee smooth coordination of procedures and exams.
- Delivers quality customer service by answering incoming phone calls or contacting patients by phone to determine exam time.
- Screens and verifies information to ensure accuracy when scheduling exams.
- Manages high call volumes to ensure best possible customer service by properly educating the patient on exam preparation and answering questions.
- Utilizes multiple computer applications, scheduling software, and network drives to schedule multiple exams within multiple modalities and entities across the UHealth system.
- Uses intermediate medical terminology and accurate scheduling protocols to ensure compliance such as reviewing and comparing patient’s previous imaging report to current order.
- Coordinates processes and timing as required by the physician and facility for special procedures.
- Obtains all required information from the referring physician or patient for the exam when scheduling exams.
- Notifies appropriate parties if patient requires labs or premedication for allergies, oral sedation medication, or obtain necessary implant information.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.