Columbine Health Systems has been a proud leader in senior health care for the past 50 years in Northern Colorado. We are an organization designed to not only dedicate ourselves to the care of our residents, but also to our valued employees.
New Mercer Commons Assisted Living is located at 900 Centre Avenue, Fort Collins, Colorado and serves a wide range of needs by offering three unique sections of care: Assisted, Assisted Plus, and Memory Care all located within one building. We cater to individualized needs by offering seven styles of apartments ranging from Studios to Royal Suites.
We are accepting applications for a Activities Assistant able to work:
- Full Time
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Starting wage between $15.00/hour - $16.00/hour (depending on experience)
Comprehensive Benefit Plans
Employees who work 24+ hrs. per week qualify for a full range of benefits including.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Free health care clinics for anyone covered by the healthcare plan
- 401(k) & Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Discounts at our pharmacy
- Discounts at our medical equipment stores
- Continuing Education Opportunities including scholarships, tuition reimbursement and discounted tuition rates with partnering educational institutions
- Retention Bonuses
- Provides ongoing programs to support residents in their choice of activities facility-sponsored and independent, designed to meet the interests of and support the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, encouraging both independence and interaction within the facility and the greater community.
- Assists with planning the monthly activity calendar.
- Completes and manages all documentation in conjunction with Activity Department and complying with current State/Federal required documentation.
- Completes activity assessments and regular charting, as required.
- Coordinates and assists with training volunteers and interns.
- Attends and participates in resident care conferences and planning as assigned.
- Maintains activity space in safe, neat, clean, and orderly manner and cleans up after all activities.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or employees.
- Minimum 17 years of age.
Hiring Manager: Gina Digiallonardo
Wage information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, or other position-related reasons.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Columbine Health Systems provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.