Sign On Bonus and relocation assistance available for eligible candidates!
UVA Health is ready to help you explore the opportunities throughout our PeriOperative Units. Please complete this one RN application where you will identify the areas and shifts you are interested in, and a member of our recruitment team will connect with you to find your next career at UVA Health.
Peri-Anesthesia Main Pre Op
Peri-Anesthesia Main Post Op
Peri-Anesthesia Main Pediatrics Pre/Post op
Peri-Anesthesia Main Extended Stay (23hr observation)
UVA Health is seeking experienced RNs to join our award-winning interdisciplinary team within our 600+ bed Academic University Medical Center.
Here, you will be joining a team of nationally recognized physicians, nurses, surgeons, and specialists known for their quality of care, positive outcomes, innovative treatments, technologies, and research. Join the Magnet®-recognized RN team within our brand-new, six-story tower that features latest diagnostic and surgical facilities.
UVA Health offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Long-term and Short-term Disability, Retirement Savings Plans, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
• Sign-on bonus’s available for eligible candidates
• Certification and Education support after 6 months employment
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Clinical Career Ladder for Professional Growth and promotion
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $32.55 - $53.71 Hourly
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.