If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The CRANE Lab, within the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine’s Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (Sylvester; www.sylvester.org) is currently accepting applications for a two-year postdoctoral fellowship positions in cancer survivorship. The goal of this fellowship is to provide exceptional mentored research and training experiences for its trainees so that they become successful independent leaders in various areas of cancer survivorship research. The overarching goal of the program is to train the next generation of behavioral and biomedical scientists with the necessary skills sets to conduct transformative and impactful research to reduce the burden of cancer in cancer patients and survivors, and their families and communities.
The CRANE Lab is seeking trainees with research interests in the following areas that are well-aligned with the following expertise:
- Technology-supported behavioral interventions, with particular emphasis on wearable devices
- Symptom and toxicities measurement and management
- Patient reported outcomes (PROs)
- Biobehavioral mechanisms in cancer control
- Health disparities in specific survivorship subgroups (e.g., LGBT; Hispanics; Elderly; Occupational)
- Translational science and dissemination and implementation research
Sylvester, the Cancer Control research program and the CRANE Lab provide an excellent platform for training and career development including a diverse and broad scientific portfolio of cancer survivorship-related studies, a robust health informatics core, expertise in technology-based and EHR integrated assessment and intervention tools for symptom and toxicities management, health disparities, sociocultural and biobehavioral approaches, and collaborative projects within and outside of the University of Miami.
To apply, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research interests and experience, how research interests align with training areas stated above, career goals and at least one letter of recommendation. Application materials or general inquiries can be sent to: Mrs. Grey Freylersythe, Lab Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts research on specific areas of study as assigned.
- Prepares research reports and technical papers for publishing.
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories.
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories.
- Develops advanced analytical models and systems and provides solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Ph.D. required, in areas of Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Digital Health, Lifestyle Medicine, or similar preferred
- Certified Exercise Physiologist preferred
- Two years’ experience work/research in lifestyle medicine (specifically diet and/or exercise) for cancer or chronic disease
- Two years’ experience supervising and mentoring graduate students
- Minimum one first-author published manuscript in relevant field
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Experience working with and supporting large-scale multidisciplinary projects
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working with and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong background in data collection, management, and analysis
- Scientific writing and publication skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills
- Familiarity with cancer survivorship preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish and/or Haitian Creole preferred
- Experience working with big data, machine learning preferred
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.