Regency Health & Rehabilitation Center in Yorktown is looking for a motivated and self-driven part-time (24 hours weekly) Maintenance Technician Assistant for a 60-bed skilled nursing center.
Part-time Maintenance Assistant Needed (not to exceed 20 hours per week)
The Maintenance Technician Assistant works with the Maintenance Director to perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs on the physical structure, equipment and grounds of the center as directed by the Maintenance Director, Administrator or Corporate Maintenance staff. Performs the duties of the maintenance Director in his/her absence.
One (1) year experience in commercial maintenance or related trades.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, understand, and write messages, and follow directions.
- Able to Investigate mechanical breakdowns and failures of machinery and equipment to determine cause and prevent recurrence by a preventive maintenance program.
- Complies with all Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Environmental Quality requirements and regulations.
- Possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair the above systems.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in order to, among other things, meet emergency requirements such as repairs. Must be able to report to the center within 20 minutes of being called for emergency work.
- Computer literate (basic computer skills such as e-mail, electronic order entry, Building Engines, etc.
We offer a competitive rate of pay part time associates are eligible for dental and vision insurance within 60-90 days of hire, extra pay for holidays, and a 401k with company match.
Working for MFA at a LifeWorks Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center is no ordinary career. It takes pride and dedication. It takes a critical combination of technical skills balanced with people skills. Most of all it takes a unique person, with a caring heart and a passion for helping others. It's more than just a job...it's a calling.