Have you heard the good news?
Along with sign-on bonus and relocation assistance, we have recently increased our pay rates for Registered Nurses across all units! Apply today to learn more.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse (RN) you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Memorial Hospital which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Memorial Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at HCA Florida Memorial Hospital!
Job Summary and Qualifications
In collaboration with the patient, the patient’s family, and other members of the health care team, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for assessing, evaluating, planning, implementing, and coordinating a treatment plan and achieving the goals of the 5 Central Medical/Surgical Neuro Nursing Department. You serve as a key position of the interdependent team, and hold responsibility for achieving positive patient and departmental outcomes.
What you will do in this role:
- You will maintain overall accountability/responsibility for assigned patients
- You will manage efficient flow of patient care including screening, preparation for exam, providing general nursing care and comfort, and arranging for admissions, testing and discharges
- You will maintain and review patients’ records including posting tests and examination results
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will instruct patients and families regarding medications and treatment plans
- You will respond to and refer incoming telephone calls (may include phone triage when needed)
What qualifications you may need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associates Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Memorial Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1969, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 50 years of pioneering healthcare, our 450+ bed hospital is one of the regions leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations and a Level II trauma center. Other specialized programs include our accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, maternity center and much more. Memorial has received the Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Centers and is sepsis-certified by the Joint Commission.
At Memorial Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Jacksonville community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse - SIGN ON BONUS opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.