Offering a competitive sign on bonus to the hired candidate. Please discuss with the hiring manager or recruiter for more details
The High Value RN Coordinator is responsible for utilizing clinical nursing expertise to plan, coordinate, and prioritize patient care activities considering patients’ unique needs and desired outcomes in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team. This position will support specific patient population(s) as an embedded member of the care team within at least one UVAHealth ambulatory clinic, by ensuring they receive care that is continuous, comprehensive, and coordinated across the care continuum, optimizing patient outcomes and ultimately performance in value-based payment models.
- Manages a patient panel, as assigned by the High Value team under Practice Innovation, with responsibility for improving performance on value-based contractual priorities.
- Conducts and documents assessment and a plan of care in Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system.
- Consistently achieves established productivity and performance targets.
- Proactively identifies and prioritizes action items, including completion of preventive visits, care gap closures, and follow-ups after Emergency or Inpatient treatment.
- Reviews and monitors patient outcomes, recommends changes in care plan and implements population management interventions.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to identify and address the needs of complex patients
- Continuously monitors progress on action items in care plan. Completes Chronic Care Management (CCM) documentation as appropriate.
- Actively participates in meetings, problem solving, goal setting, quality improvement and patient satisfaction initiatives.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
Experience: 1 year of related and relevant experience required, 3 years of related and relevant clinical experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification is required. Specialty Board Certification strongly preferred.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.