Status: Variable Full Time
Title: Registered Nurse
The Intensive Care Unit is a 16 bed unit which provides highly skilled medical and nursing care to critically ill and injured adult patient. Clinically, the unit provides advanced hemodynamic monitoring, artificial airway and ventilator management and other treatments that are necessary to aggressively treat the complex acutely ill and critically ill population. Patients may require one to one staffing due to the severity of their illness. Intensivist-led teams are available for consultation/management of patients in the ICU. The ICU staff functions as part of a multi-disciplinary team including physicians, social worker, case management, physical & occupational therapist, respiratory therapist, dietician, chaplain and pharmacist to meet the needs of this population. This unit can also be used to admit intermediate and med surg overflow patients.
Free Job Consultation
Why choose Orlando Health?
- Innovative benefits package that begins on day one
- Flexible schedules
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 a year
- Voted Best Place To Work by Forbes
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Meets all mandatory, developmental, and performance competency requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department
- Maintains current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas.
- 1 year acute care preferred