How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Promote Carilion Clinic’s Service Standards of quality service through teamwork, professionalism and respectful communication to develop and deliver regular education to clinical staff, which will support staff in the delivery of high quality, evidenced based, and safe patient care. Develop, deliver and evaluate clinical orientation, annual competencies and other clinical validation programs; regularly incorporating emerging safety trends, regulatory policies, and quality performance priorities for the division and the organization.
- Assess learning needs of clinical team and develop appropriate education or coordinate necessary education, and evaluate educational outcomes, including collaborating with external entities.
- Coordinate with Carilion Human Resources in the development, delivery, and assessment of clinical orientation, to include face to face and/or computer based training.
- Stay abreast of the daily work (patient populations being served, patient care needs/priorities, patient treatment methods) of the units through working one clinical shift per pay period. Requires clinical competencies for each unit served.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a clinical onboarding program to ensure a smooth transition of the new employee to the unit, establishing a preceptor program linking new staff with existing staff during the designated orientation timeframe and assessing program and making refinements as indicated.
- Develop and maintain an education monitoring system to meet individual and group education needs collaborate and communicate with unit leadership regarding staff progress or any needed action plan.
- Assists Safety and Compliance Officer(s) with the evaluation of proposed new policies and protocols and changes to current policies and protocols, presenting to Quality/Education Committees as appropriate. Support the implementation of safety or safety related policies in the ambulatory setting.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate clinical annual competencies and other clinical validation programs; regularly incorporating emerging safety trends, regulatory policies, and quality performance priorities for the division and the organization.
- Develop a curriculum of educational topics annually, which can be coordinated by the unit leadership and/or clinical staff and are aligned with safety trends, regulatory policies, and performance priorities for the division and the organization.
What We Require:
Education: BSN required, MSN preferred.
Experience: 5 years of nursing experience.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: R.N. licensed in Virginia. AHA BLS-HCP Certification required. BLS Instructor preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must have knowledge/experience in nursing principles and theory, skills and applying adult learning principles, assessment and evaluation skills, skills in interpreting complex data, knowledge of evidence-based nursing, and Virginia nursing licensure requirements. Must have strong oral and written communication skills, project management skills, time management skills, organizational skills, training skills, customer service skills. Must be able to think critically, be creative and have the ability to take initiative to improve processes. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, yet also function well on a team.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138537
Employment Status: Part Time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift: Variable Hours
Shift Details: Primarily M-F between the hours of 8-5 with occassionaly weekend and after hours
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.