UC Davis Health Rehabilitation Hospital is joint venture beween Lifepoint Rehabilitation Services, an experienced post-acute care provider, and UC Davis Health. With 58,000 square feet of space, the hospital will have 52 patient beds. The new facility will provide acute adult inpatient care and is the first free-standing physical rehabilitation hospital in Sacramento.
LIfepoint operates 30+ similar rehabilitation hospitals around the nation – many of them award-winning and recognized for their high quality of care. The new UC Davis hospital is expected to open for its first patients in 2023. Clinical services will include physical and occupational therapies and speech pathology services. Therapists, physicians and nurses will help patients regain physical function and mobility, and the independent capabilities to do everyday activities and work. Officials also expect the UC Davis Rehabilitation Hospital to become a location that offers new, currently unavailable, treatments to patients, as well as research opportunities for new treatments led by physician-researchers from the UC Davis School of Medicine.
The hospital is located at the corner of Broadway and 49th Street in Sacramento. It will cost $60 million to build. Lifepoint will develop the project, which is expected to create up to 200 new health care jobs, as well as hundreds of prevailing wage construction jobs. It will enable rehabilitation care for twice as many patients as currently can be treated for conditions resulting from stroke, brain trauma and spinal cord injuries at UC Davis Medical Center.
Full Press Release:
Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees. This is a part time role initially.
- Drives and assumes ownership of Infection Control Plan and activities in the hospital.
- Excercises independent judgement in analyzing and trending infection data and creates a plan to reduce and prevent invetions.
- Funtions as the content expert on Infection Prevention and Control for the hospital incuding determining course of action, planning, implementing and ensuring compliance to the plan.
- Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan; evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to leadership and appropriate committees.
- Assures systems are in place to report infection surveillance, prevention and control information to:
- appropriate staff in the hospital
- federal, state and local public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation
- accrediting bodies
- other referring or receiving hospitals or organizations needing information regarding the presence of infection in a patient received or transferred
- Identifies potential sources of nosocomial infection and implements actions to eliminate the source; and evaluates infection data to distinguish between nosocomial and community-acquired infection.
- Assists in identifying, monitoring and controlling outbreaks of nosocomial infection among patient and hospital personnel.
- Maintains surveillance in order to collect, analyze and trend data; provides accurate and timely reports to the Director of Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement, leadership and appropriate committees.
- Assures the hospital implements infection prevention and control activities to reduce the risk of infections associated with medical equipment, devices and supplies.
- Acts as a resource to hospital personnel in implementing isolation techniques or other infection control measures.
- In collaboration with hospital leadership and personnel from applicable departments or services, reviews and revises the program to improve outcomes.
- Provides education for employees regarding infection control during orientation and ongoing in-services as required.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. Bachelors or Masters strongly preferred.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated experience planning, coordinating, evaluating and/or directing educational activities of clinical personnel
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a bedside RN
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- The hourly rate for this position will be $66.86 - $89.97. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid an hourly rate within this range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this hourly rate.