Singing River Medical Center in Pascagoula, MS
Acute Rehab Unit
FTE: Full-time or Part-Time
We believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
Provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharge planning process. Essential Functions: (Those functions that the individual who holds the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation).
· Maintains the standard of nursing care and implements policies and procedures of the hospital and nursing department.
· Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients. Assigns nursing care team members in accordance to patient needs, team members capabilities and qualifications.
· Documents patient admission assessment and reassessments, patient care plans and other pertinent information, completely in the patient’s medical record according to nursing standards and policies. Performs assessment on all patients on admission and reassessments as per policy. Makes referrals to other disciplines based on assessment.
· Develops nursing care plan of assigned patient on admission, updates plan of care as needed and ensures plan of care is coordinated with patient, family, and other members of the team.
· Assesses and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
· Revises the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment, and evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness. Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age. Performs treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
· Receives physician’s orders, ensures transcription is accurate and documents completion. Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills within scope of practice.
· Administers medication utilizing the five rights of medication administration reducing the potential for medication errors.
· Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
· Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their Dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians, and other healthcare providers. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Expectations:
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Able to organized tasks, develop action plans, set priorities and function under stressful situations. · Ability to maintain a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
· Must have good and regular attendance.
· Approximate percent of time required to travel: 0
· Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
· Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program. Licenses/Certification: · Current state licensure as Registered Nurse. · BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.