Administrative Assistant (Quality Assurance)
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and research.
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient experience
- Coordinates meetings as requested.
- Assists Director and QA Manager in all Administrative projects in a timely an effective manner.
- Takes minutes at meetings according to prescribed format, transcribe, obtain approval and distribute as requested.
- Maintains minimum inventory of office supplies as requested and approved and within budget limitations.
- Initiates work repair orders for office equipment as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to assess situations and determine an appropriate course of action.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains appointments, schedule, and calendar as assigned by the Director.
- Opens and routes incoming mail. Uses knowledge, initiative and discretion to respond to routine and/or confidential mail as documented.
- Demonstrates proficiency in typing documents utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Reviews typed documents for accuracy.
- Maintains files in an organized and comprehensive manner.
- Acts as a focal point for Departmental administrative projects; supports other departments as required.
- Accepts constructive correction as a means for improving job performance and demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Reviews time and attendance system (Kronos) to ensure hours reported are accurate, prior to approval and sign-off by the Director
- Updates facility Policies and Procedures, Diaster Plan, Infection Control and other manuals as directed
- Serves as back up to the receptionists and Business Office Coordinators.
- Assists QA Manager with data collection, reporting and other tasks as needed
- Maintains expense spreadsheets and updates as required.
- Participate in and support Quality Improvement initiatives
- Know and adhere to philosophy and goals of Eldercare
- High school diploma / GED required. BA/BS degree or college level course work strongly preferred.
- 2-3 years of administrative support experience preferably in the medical industry. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills required.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package includes:
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!