Accounting Clerk I
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and research.
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient experience
- Assists Sr. Accounting Clerk/Staff Accountant in the processing and monitoring of all required documents and expenditures related to Research Accounts
- Assists Sr. Accounting Clerk/Staff Accountant in reviewing expenditures prior to approval. Obtains patient list and/or memorandums of agreement if necessary. Returns items requiring further explanations or backup documents.
- Completes approval process of research expenditures after all signatures are obtained, copies, distribute, files and posts to computer as required.
- Handles the distribution of incoming checks, verifies cost centers to be credited. Delivers checks to Cashier’s Department, if necessary. Verifies postings to general ledger. Files and maintains copies of all checks and spreadsheets in corresponding file.
- Liaison with Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Receiving or any other department when necessary.
- Matches copies of purchase orders to requisition copies, verifies amounts adjusts totals in the computer and file copies. Obtains approval if necessary.
- Reviews Accounts Receivables records. Assures that payments are received. Contacts companies regarding outstanding invoices.
- Contacts Purchasing Department to verify purchase order numbers and any changes in vendors when investigators need assistance in tracking the purchase orders or to follow-up outstanding orders.
- Assists Sr. Accounting Clerk/Staff Accountant with preparation of research invoices and financial reports.
- Sr. Accounting Clerk/Staff Accountant in in preparing and distributing monthly budget reports for all research sub-departments and principal investigators.
- Backs up all information on the computer on a daily basis. Delivers documents to other departments in the hospital when necessary
- Compiles and accurately copies all necessary documents, as needed. Copies contracts and signature forms, distributes them accordingly.
- Contacts Accounts Payables files to obtain backup documents, if necessary. Corresponds with Accounting Department to correct problems.
- Handles the ordering of office supplies, as needed.
- Two years of college or High School Diploma with equivalent Accounting and/or Bookkeeping experience.
- Accounting or Bookkeeping experience required; Proficiency with adding machine and calculator. Must be able to follow a financial report; Computer experience required.
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package includes:
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!
Accounting Clerk I