Access Point has an opportunity for Nurse Advocates, PRN to join our team! This is a remote position and all the necessary equipment to perform the job is provided. Please note that there will be an initial training period of 2-3 weeks.
If you’re passionate about serving others and have a desire to make an impact, Access Point may be for you.
Come join our dynamic group of talented team members who all share the desire to create innovative products and solutions that fuel healthcare transformation. This is an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for smart, motivated, caring people to join a fast growing organization with plenty of opportunity to advance.
We are always looking for people inspired to help us in our mission. If you are someone who wants to change the lives of patients, drive success for our partners and be part of a team driven to improve care, see what opportunities we have for you.
This position supports a 24/7 nurse call line.
Sunday 8:00am - 10:00 am and 8:00 pm -12:00 am
Monday – 5:45 pm – 10:00 pm
Wednesday – 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Friday – 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
Saturday – 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Shift Differential available
Additional differential for candidates fluent in Spanish
Access Point Nurse Advocate act as the company’s focal point for clients and assures that communication with each patient/caller will be handled in a professional and thoughtful manner through a variety of channels including telephone, email and live chat. Access Point Nurse Advocate documents and responds to patient/customer requests and questions including but not limited to symptoms, high risk alerts for patients with multiple comorbidities, or those with certain condition such as hypertension, diabetes, CHF, and COPD through remote patient monitoring, inpatient hospital transfer requests, locations and services, including instigating referral process for admission or services. When appropriate, patients’ symptoms will be assessed and triaged using the approved guidelines in order to help patients in obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care advice. This is a remote position and involves being on the phone the majority of the day. This position reports to and its functions are supervised by the Manager of Clinical Services.
- Responds promptly to each incoming call as well as responds timely to any email or chat inquiry based on set service levels.
- Acts on behalf of the customer as a healthcare advocate.
- Responds to triage calls on the nurse triage phone line. If patient is in need of a triage, his/her stated symptoms will be assessed to determine the appropriate level of care required to safely meet the patient’s medical needs.
- In some instances refer patients to appropriate medical facilities including but not limited to emergency rooms (ERs), urgent care centers, and home care advice or to schedule patients to their physician during office hours, utilizing Schmitt-Thompson nurse triage protocols.
- Helps to educate and support patients with obtaining the appropriate level of care and/or self-care advice, as well as assisting them in post-acute care decision-making.
- Gather and evaluate clinical information to provide continuous quality care to patients to improve their overall health and well-being.
- For potential referrals, makes clinical level of care determination based on discussion, medical records, and any other pertinent clinical data. Matches these needs to a service site location or, if not available, look up and provide alternative services. Act as customer advocate throughout the referral process to ensure timely response and to maximize referral to admission conversion rate. Periodically update customer throughout process. Follow-up and track referral and admission outcomes.
- Utilize a variety of tools and methods to quickly provide information on patient options including but not limited to sites of service, specialty offerings, post-acute care, and other related questions. Appropriately handle a variety of customer issues including location lookup, directions, job search assistance and complaints.
- Thorough and complete documentation using appropriate software.
- Maintains awareness and orientation to department performance objectives, meets standards, and assures customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Actively participate in new employee orientation and on-going training, staff meetings, and continuous quality improvement.
- Nursing background working across multiple areas of acute and post-acute care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with empathy over the phone and enjoyment of interacting with others; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding typing skills and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities and documentation skill.
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Qualifications
- Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Registered Nurse with professional Compact State licensure and other states as deemed necessary by state law or client contract.
- Washington D.C. and California license preferred.
- Must maintain current nursing licensure by completing applications for renewal in a timely manner and by complying with all requirements for continuing education. No nurse will be scheduled to work any shift if their nursing license has expired. It is the nurse’s responsibility to ensure that the Manager of the Clinical Call Center Operations is notify immediately if their license status changes. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in termination of employment.
- Maintain current nursing skills and knowledge base by attendance at workshops and seminars, completion of mandatory continuing education, reading of professional journals, publications, and participation in professional organizations.
- Minimum 3 years in a physician office, home health, critical care and/or emergency room setting.
- Background in Telephonic Nurse Triage preferred.
- Background in telephonic call center strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus