Registered Nurse - Full Time Nights
UofL Health, Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro
UofL Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have announced a joint venture to build and operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
This new 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be located at 5000 Chamberlain Lane, near the intersection of I-71 and I-265 in the northeast area of Jefferson County, and will serve the growing East End of Jefferson County and adjacent counties. The approximately 55,000-square-foot, two-story rehabilitation facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities.
UofL Health – Frazier Rehab Institute is recognized nationally as an innovator in rehab care. For more than six decades, patients from across the world have sought out Frazier Rehab for life-enhancing treatments and therapies. The new facility is expected to help manage the growing needs of the region and will free up access to the array of specialty programs at its downtown location with one common goal – helping people of all ages with disabilities reach their fullest potential in physical and cognitive functioning.
Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. Participates in discharges planning process.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Preferred
- Minimum six months’ Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.