How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
- Use of assessment and critical thinking skills and ability to identify, telephonically or virtually, patient in distress and direct patient to most appropriate level of care.
- Clear and concise documentation in EMR all interactions with patients, and any medical direction provided by physician or ACP.
- Coordinate with other departments for patient care as needed.
- Communicate problems, concerns or suggestions directly to Operations Manager, and involve physician/ACP if medically indicated.
- Data collection to assist in identifying trends and concerns.
- Demonstrate engagement in the success of the virtual program by being actively and positively involved in identifying, planning, and implementing changes or new processes.
- Provides a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, clinical staff and colleagues. Adheres to customer service standards, and patient confidentiality policies.
- Performs daily review of outstanding labs and radiology reports, and reports discrepancies to the Medical Director for follow up. Performs telephone contact with patients to instruct on appropriate follow up.
- Attempts daily contact with patients as outlined in the Nurse Navigator Follow Up Contact policy.
- Provide service recovery by assisting with arranging appropriate follow up care and complaint resolution.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing required.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Nursing required; 5 years experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Virginia required. AHA BLS-HCP required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Proven ability to understand medical terminology, problem solving and handle stressful situation with a professional manner. Good team dynamic skills in order to facilitate change and achievement of defined outcomes. Must be able to work with minimal amount of supervision. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, excellent written and oral communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Excellent organizational ability, and initiative. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Able to work independently with minimal direction, prioritize and meet timelines. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138271
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic - 3 Riverside
Shift Details: M-F
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.