The Registered Nurse 1 position assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
RN 1 - Practice duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Age specific admission and ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
- Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college or graduate of an approved program eligible to sit for the VA licensure exam.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Meet essential job functions.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 112519
Employment Status: Flex
Location: Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences
Shift Details: 8 hr/week - Flexible hours - Varies as needed - Monday - Friday 8:00A-5P, Saturday 8-12, No Holidays
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.