How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
**Sign on bonus and relocation assistance available**
To collaborate with students, staff, and other members of the health care team to improve the overall health of the students and staff. Assess, evaluate, and assume primary accountability for the effectiveness of such services and health care plans. Utilize critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to student health.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate student health within the school district in order to achieve optimum health outcomes and maximize in-class time. Addresses the physical, mental, emotional and social health needs of all students.
- Review health records for entering students and assure compliance with Virginia Department of Health entrance requirements.
- Maintain student health records; collect health related data and complete required reports.
- As lone provider in school, provide care for all students presenting with illness, injury or special needs through assessment, intervention and follow up.
- Administer medications and provide treatments for students as directed by physicians and parents, including (but not limited to) diabetes management, catheterizations, tube feedings, brace applications and colostomy care.
- In times of serious illness or injury, provide care and first aide until arrival of parent/guardian, EMS or other personnel as appropriate.
- Determines and performs within clinical, leadership, and/or education pathways to support evidenced-based, quality student health service and performance improvement.
- Exhibits clinical expertise in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Functions independently in school clinic, with only occasional support from School Nurse Manager.
- Provides training, education and guidance of principal’s designees, in the performance of necessary healthcare procedures in the absence of the nurse.
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees.
- Maintains the readiness of the clinic for provision of care of students/staff.
- Works collaboratively with parents, co-workers, community agencies and other health care providers to improve the care and promote health outcomes for students/staff.
What We Require:
Education: Must be a graduate of a school of professional nursing. Must have a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse
Experience: One year of supervised nursing experience in community or pediatric nursing preferred.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Current RN licensure; BLS required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Keyboarding and other computer skills required for maintenance of EMR. Must be able to meet essential job functions.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138299
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Student Health - Roanoke City Public Schools
Shift Details: Monday - Friday to follow Roanoke City Public School calendar
Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-400-4631
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.