Registered Nurses – Join Our Team!
Arnold Palmer Hospital is seeking for a Registered Nurse to administer patient care in an area in a hospital or inpatient setting where patients have an advanced illness or injury that routinely requires timely, intense, and complex care to stabilize and support the patient's medical condition. These areas require a lower caregiver-to-patient ratio and highly trained team members with advanced skills.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Health – Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children Surgery Unit:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials
- RNs in this unit receive a 6% premium added to the hourly rate.
- Free Continued Education Opportunities
- Nurse Certification Opportunity
- Benefits Start Day 1 of hire
- Room for growth, Just Culture & much, much more! Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, etc.
Children’s Surgery Department
Surgical services are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year with in-house staffing.
- The major services include elective, urgent and emergent surgical procedures for pediatric patients.
- Patients having local, general, monitored anesthesia care, or regional anesthesia are treated.
- Pediatric patients are accepted and approved by the attending surgeon and anesthesiologist. In the case of patients >21 years of age, a panel reviews the patient history and surgical needs for appropriate admission to APH
- The surgery department staff is scheduled to provide flexible nursing care and services for elective scheduled, STAT NOW, emergent and urgent cases around the clock.
Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is located on the downtown Orlando campus and includes 156 licensed beds for specialized care for children as well as the Bert Martin’s Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center, offering trauma care for children as the pediatric site of the Orlando Health ORMC Level One Trauma Center. State-of-the-art pediatric services are provided by a comprehensive staff that includes pediatric subspecialty physicians and a nursing team that is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. The hospital also has earned national recognition for 12 consecutive years as a “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and was included, together with Orlando Health ORMC, in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021. #APH2
- Demonstrates critical knowledge, skills, and judgement to care for patients requiring complex assessment and therapies, high intensity interventions, and high-level continuous nursing vigilance.
- Utilizes information and assessment data to anticipate and respond with confidence and adapt to rapidly changing patient conditions.
- Identifies and prioritizes information to take immediate and decisive evidence-based, patient focused action.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, and interprets and records electronic displays, such as intracranial pressures, central venous pressures, pulmonary artery pressures, and cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators, ventilators, oxygen pumps, etc.
- Responds to life-saving situations based on nursing standards and protocol.
- Observes, monitors, and assesses patients’ condition, recognizes, identifies, and interprets serious situations and calls Physician or takes preplanned emergency measures when Physician is not immediately available.
- Assesses patient’s needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Meets all mandatory, developmental, and performance competency requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department
- Maintains current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification