How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
Serves as a team leader, clinical resource person, role model, coach and facilitator for staff and department operations. Has the responsibility and authority to lead their work group; resolve routine issues, and create a positive, productive and fiscally responsible work unit. Stays aware of organization developments and initiatives that they can adopt for their work group. Refers complex or potentially significant issues to manager/director, including issues regarding compensation, work hours, working conditions, hiring, and formal corrective action. Initiates and facilitates effective open two-way communication and resolution of work site operational issues that support service area goals and objectives. In addition to the lead responsibilities, provides professional care to patients of all ages within an assigned area.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients as appropriate to service area.
- Utilizes leadership principles in mobilizing the patient care team to achieve positive patient outcomes. Follows-up on matters to insure they are successfully resolved.
- Assists manager/directors in assuring staff competence and contributes to staff performance development. Identifies areas of improvement. Has input into the mangers developmental plan for each team member, works with the team member on areas of development and follows up to insure the employee is on track with their plan. Participates in employee performance evaluations by regular coaching of the employee and giving them feedback on their performance, maintaining performance related information throughout the year, preparing their assessment of the employees’ performance for their annual review, and regularly giving feedback to their manager/director about their employees’ performance.
- Assists with and/or prepares work schedules for department or work group. Insures adequate coverage, equitable treatment of staff, and controls work hours. Handles clinical issues for the unit contacting the manager/director as necessary and/or apprises them of the situation. Only refers unusual or potentially broad situations to manager/director
- Collaborates with management regarding fiscal management. Assures appropriate resource allocation, and maintains staffing levels in accordance with financial targets, provides input to budget process and resource needs and expense control.
- Assists with other department responsibilities such as implementing and managing activities resulting from patient satisfaction surveys, performance improvement, and other quality initiatives.
- Conducts individual and/or team meetings with their work group insuring effective two way communications, keep group informed, listens to needs and issues, resolves items brought to their attention, and follows up with team members and management on issues. Promotes positive work environment, hold employees accountable for their conduct and interpersonal skills, and encourages staff development of communications. Responsible for compliance with applicable regulatory, licensure and accrediting standards where applicable (The Joint Commission, CLIA, COLA, OSHA, AAAHC, etc).
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college.
Experience: Two years in clinical discipline preferred. One year in clinical discipline required with demonstrated clinical and leadership expertise.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. BSN Preferred. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). For Psychiatry and Behavioral Health De-escalation training must be successfully completed within four months of hire and then maintained going forward. Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138574
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Family Medicine - Weyers Cave
Shift Details: Monday-Friday 7:45am-5:00pm
Recruiter: EVA L LIPSCOMB
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4082
Recruiter Email: ELLipscomb@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.