Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children
Providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is located on the downtown Orlando campus and includes 156 licensed beds for specialized care for children as well as the Bert Martin’s Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center, offering trauma care for children as the pediatric site of the Orlando Health ORMC Level One Trauma Center. State-of-the-art pediatric services are provided by a comprehensive staff that includes pediatric subspecialty physicians and a nursing team that is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. The hospital also has earned national recognition for 12 consecutive years as a “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and was included, together with Orlando Health ORMC, in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021.
Come Join one of the Top Ranked Hospitals in Central Florida!
Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is seeking for Registered Nurse with Hemoc/Oncology experience to assist the Out Patient Oncology Clinic.
• Utilizes the unique knowledge, skills, and competencies required in ambulatory care nursing practice to promote wellness, restore
health, address health-related situational problems and/or support end-of-life care.
• Assesses patients’ needs and applies current ambulatory care nursing knowledge and evidence-based nursing practice when
developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the
patient’s status and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to age-specific
• Prescribes, delegates, coordinates, and documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner. This includes
but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
• Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit-specific requisite skills.
• Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
• Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
• Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s
capabilities and qualifications.
• Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
• Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
• Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
• Participates in Process Improvement activities as assigned.
• Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patients’ rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal,
state, and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
• Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
• Meets all mandatory, developmental, and performance competency requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department
• Maintains current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
• Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
•ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas.
APHON biotherapy Certification preferred
Hemoc/Oncology experience required
Pediatric Hemoc/Oncology experience preferred