How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
As a team member, you are expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service and demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, their families, visitors, and with each other. Identifies staff orientation and educational needs; develops plans and education/in services to address their needs. Collaborates with the CAPS and Nursing Quality teams to identify unit and organizational process improvements and/or patient outcome enhancements. Collaborates with Manager/Director and Orientation/Onboarding consultants to develop plans to meet unit objectives and employee’s personal learning needs. Develops, implements, coordinates and provides continuing education for the department, staff, patients, and families, as well as protocols to support standardization of care. Works in compliance with all State, Federal, and other regulatory requirements. Serves as a resource and mentor to staff and team members. Key unit point personnel in reviewing, revising, and systemizing nursing practice competencies, competency tools and associated policy and procedures that support nursing practice. Acts as a positive change agent. Successfully executes initiatives in a timely manner while assessing and evaluating process and outcomes continuously.
- Develops an individual orientation plan in collaboration with Orientation Consultant on an ongoing basis. Assists Director with prioritizing, identifying, implementing and evaluating ongoing unit education, educational needs, competency, process improvements, quality surveillance and critical thinking activities.
- Develops an orientation schedule in collaboration with the Orientation Consultant and Human Resources.
- Assists with orientation record and orientation competency validation documentation.
- Provides timely and ongoing feedback regarding orientee progress to Orientee, Orientation Consultant, and Manager/Director and other key personnel.
- Provides feedback to Director for performance evaluations and practice proficiencies. Encourages, coaches and mentors staff for CAP (Clinical Advancement Program) and educational opportunities.
- Assists with annual learning needs assessment on unit.
- Assists in coordination of department annual needs assessment, continuing education including unit-based inservices, and annual Competency Validation.
- Identifies and develops unit-based preceptors and shared governance council members. Familiar with and promotes Magnet framework. Collaborates with Magnet Program Director.
- Plans, implements and coordinates strategies through evidence-based practices to support quality patient care; and improve outcomes (e.g. length of stay, turn-around time, resource consumption), and a positive, professional work practice environment.
- Participates in department and system performance improvement initiatives.
- Active participant in system wide shared governance and coordinate unit based councils.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of a State Board of Nursing approved program required. BSN required, Master’s prepared preferred (Education, quality, nursing, healthcare or business).
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field required.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Current RN license in the state of Virginia required. Must obtain and maintain appropriate certifications as defined by the department.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Meets standards on Performance Appraisal including competency validation as appropriate for level of care. Demonstrates effective communication and strong organizational skills. Desires to work with new employees. Effective interpersonal, communication, and team-working skills required. Strong critical thinking, conflict resolution, organization and effective judgement abilities required. Supports Carilion Clinic’s mission, vision, and values.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138836
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: primary days, will need to adjust schedule based on department needs.
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.