How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
The Sports Medicine Orthopaedics program has a dedicated interdisciplinary team who work closely with local High Schools, Colleges, and semi-professional sports teams to provide expedited care. Clinic staff use best practices and the latest technology within an innovative learning environment. The Registered Nurse 1 position assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
RN 1 - Practice duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Age specific admission and ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
- Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college or graduate of an approved program eligible to sit for the VA licensure exam.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Meet essential job functions.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 138799
Employment Status: Regular Part Time
Location: Carilion Clinic Orthopaedic Surgery (Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences)
Shift Details: M-F 8a-5p, occasional Sat 8a-12p
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.