What makes our Emergency Department a critical resource to the community we serve?
- Safe working environments
- Supportive leadership, interprofessional teams and an innovative learning environment
- Loan Assistance Stipend
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Career Advancement Program (CAP)
- Opportunities for professional advancement, shift differential, comprehensive benefits, and flexible schedules
About Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital (CFMH) ED, located in Rocky Mount, VA:
- 16 bed Emergency Department
- 19,000 annual ED visits
- 4 bed Clinical Decision Unit
This position is regular part time, working 24 hours per week, day/evening shifts with every other weekend and holiday requirements.
This is the job opportunity that could change your nursing career. Be part of our award-winning organization that has earned distinguished accolades for clinical excellence.
At Carilion Clinic, our team provides care in a forward-thinking environment. You will thrive through extensive training, supportive leaders and potential for advancement. Carilion offers comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and tuition options. Join a team where your skills and ideas will make a difference in the health of our patients and the communities we live in.
As a registered nurse, you are expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service and demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, their families, visitors, and with each other. As part of the health care team, RNs assume primary accountability for nursing coordination and provision of individualized care for patients of all ages. The registered nurse also utilizes delegation and critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care.
The RN's duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Age specific admission and ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college or graduate of an approved program eligible to sit for the VA licensure exam.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Meet essential job functions.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 123493
Employment Status: Regular Part Time
Location: CFMH - Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Regular Part Time, Day/Evening shift with EOW and Holiday requirements.
Recruiter: WHITNEY D SHELL
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4036
Recruiter Email: WDShell@carilionclinic.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.