Neuro ICU is a 16-bed unit specializing in neurologically critically ill and injured patients. This unit cares for patients needing invasive intracranial pressure monitoring, frequent neurological assessments, advanced hemodynamic monitoring, artificial airway, and ventilator management. Experienced RNs are preferred but we are willing to consider graduate nurses under certain circumstances. If Neuro ICU is your goal, consider applying to Neuroscience/ Neurospine, Neuro Stepdown, or Neuro Trauma medsurg.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Regional Medical Center:
- Competitive Pay: Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Free Continued Education Opportunities
- Nurse Certification Opportunity
- Benefits Start Day 1 of hire
- Room for growth
- Just Culture
- & much, much more! Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, etc.
The registered nurse administers patient care in an acute care setting.
- Assess patient’s needs and develop individualized plans of care based on patient needs and responses.
- Evaluate the patient’s progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or nurse clinician.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient’s needs and the team member’s capabilities and qualifications.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies
- Participate and may lead unit level and/or organizational level committees of nursing practice and performance improvement.
- Participates in department and organizational peer review, mentoring, and coaching regarding professional practice or role performance.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing with your Associates or Bachelors in Science of Nursing.
- Active FL RN license
- BLS from the American Heart Association (AHA). American Red Cross BLS will not be accepted.
- Previous Neuro ICU experience is ideal however, experienced in an advanced PCU, ICC, or stepdown will be considered.
Free Job Consultation