Culpeper Health & Rehabilitation Center a premier provider of post-acute care services in Culpeper, Virginia is searching for an Infection Preventionist.
The Infection Preventionist will coordinate, manage, and implement the Center’s infection prevention and control program. Under the leadership of the Director of Nursing and Administrator, the Infection Preventionist will work directly with all employees, patients, medical providers, and pharmacists to fully implement all aspects of the infection prevention and control program which is designed to comply with all aspects of CDC, CMS, OSHA and other federal and state guidelines for long-term care. The Infection Preventionist will provide training, supervision, and conduct compliance audits within the Center to validate the center’s adherence to the program. In addition, the Infection Preventionist will develop action plans to ensure regulatory compliance, patient, and employee safety. The Infection Preventionist will work collaboratively with center employees to promote employee contributions to infection prevention and control planning at the center and corporate levels. The Infection Preventionist will work closely with the Corporate Clinical Education Specialist in the development of policies, procedures, protocols, and training programs to improve infection prevention and control activities that promote patient care and safety.
- Experienced RN with a thorough knowledge of standard methods and criteria for identifying health care associated infections using an approach that consists of surveillance, data collection, and trending for identification.
Education requirements: Registered Nurse Degree
- Experience in a skilled nursing/long term care environment is preferred.
- Must have completed or is willing to complete specialized training in infection prevention and control for long-term care. This can be provided by the facility.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively team build and develop positive working relationships at all levels of the organization. Demonstrated ability to interact proactively with a culturally diverse employee and patient populations.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize responsibilities and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package for full time associates which include affordable health and dental insurance within 60-90 days of hire, paid time off, extra pay for holidays, and a 401k with company match.