- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care in order optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
- Determines and preforms within clinical, leadership and/or education pathways to support (direct/indirect) quality patient care service and performance improvement through anticipating and effetely functioning in crisis/emergency situations based on sound judgment, escalation, and use of advanced skills.
- Manages resources, establishes prioritizes, and modifies environment to meet patient care needs.
- Collaborates with case management and social work to facilitate throughput.
- Assist in the coordinates the admission, transfer, and discharge process across disciplines and service lines.
- Actively contributes to the overall positive patient experience through the use of excellent customer service skills.
- Utilizes bed tracking technology and collaborates with leadership and transfer center to facilitate throughput.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program. BSN preferred.
Experience: Minimum 1 year acute care required; 2 years preferred
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. AHA-BLS-ACLS certification required.
Other: Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and customer service skills; must demonstrate positive leadership role modeling and problem resolution skills. Knowledgeable of basic computer and phone applications. Must successfully complete orientation and maintain requirements. Position requires lifting and long periods of standing bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, walking, etc. May be exposed to infectious diseases, bio-hazard and hazardous materials including regulated wastes, and combative patients.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 111153
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift Details: Will include weekend hours
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.