- Promotes Carilion Clinic’s Culture of Excellence and quality service through team work, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of patient/customer needs.
- Provides direct supervision of clinical and office staff. Mentors staff; role models positive work behaviors.
- Is actively involved in hiring, performance appraisals, coaching and corrective action of staff in conjunction with Director.
- Effectively leads conflict resolution process. Identifies and resolves customer service issues to ensure the mission, vision and guiding principles of Carilion Clinic.
- Provides a minimum of 12 hours of unit staffing coverage and when needed as other staffing options are exhausted.
- Communicates regularly with staff and Manager/Director.
- Assists with and/or prepares work schedules for department or work group. Insures adequate coverage, equitable treatment of staff, and controls work hours. Handles clinical issues for the unit contacting the manager/director as necessary and/or apprises them of the situation. Only refers unusual or potentially broad situations to manager/director.
- Demonstrates effective team building and leadership skills. Provides daily operational management of service components. Establishes day-to-day priorities and directs staff task assignments. Facilitates teams in problem solving processes.
- Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction with services. Collaboratively develops and implements programs to continuously enhance customer satisfaction within the service in conjunction with the Director.
- Implements and monitors department budget in conjunction with Director. Proactively identifies and implements cost containment initiatives.
- Creates a safe, comfortable, and therapeutic environment for patients and families in accordance with Carilion Clinic standards and which is respectful of patient rights. Monitors and evaluates quality, appropriateness and safety of the care provided by the teams.
- Creates a safe working environment while providing staff opportunities to develop their maximum potential. Facilitates professional growth and development including the provision of in-service programming and an effective performance appraisal process.
- Maintains productive, collaborative relationships with physicians, managers, service line, and other care delivery sites system-wide and pre-hospital providers.
Education: Graduate of a Registered Nurse program required. Bachelors Degree preferred
Experience: Two (2) years of clinical experience required with demonstrated leadership experience. Prior supervisory or management experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
AHA BLS-HCP required. May be required to obtain AHA-ACLS & PALS based on specific work unit within 6 months of hire. All certifications to be maintained ongoing.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting and work competency skills. Promotes a respectful, inclusive culture of service excellence.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 78373
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Orthopaedic Surgery - Christiansburg (Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences)
Shift Details: Mon-Fri, 8-5pm with occasional before and after meetings
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.