The ORMC Vascular access team consists of Registered Nurses specially trained in the use of Ultrasound for placement of PICC lines, Midlines, Peripheral IVs and phlebotomy utilizing sterile and aseptic techniques. The Vascular Access RN also functions as a resource for the bedside RNs, collaborates with physicians to ensure appropriate access is provided, and monitors PICC lines to ensure proper function, line care, and maintenance, on PICCS and CVL’s at ORMC.
Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative, and emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida’s only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition as a “Best Hospital” in Central Florida.
Top Reasons to Choose Orlando Regional Medical Center:
- Competitive Pay:Evening, nights, and weekend shift differentials offered for qualifying positions.
- Free Continued Education Opportunities
- Nurse Certification Opportunity
- Benefits Start Day 1 of hire
- Room for growth
- Just Culture
- & much, much more! Student loan repayment, tuition reimbursement, back up elder and childcare, pet insurance, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or nurse clinician.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/department-specific requisite skills.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- The professional nurse contributes to the knowledge and skills of others, and the continuous improvement of the quality of health care practice and organizational outcomes.
- Participates and may lead unit level and/or organizational level committees of nursing practice and performance improvement.
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- State of Florida RN license
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- Previous PICC or ultrasound IV experience required