This practice that includes eight sub-specialty neurosurgeons, 11 advanced care providers and a top notch residency program that was launched in 2006. We treat all neurosurgical diagnoses and our team has the training and skills to provide excellent patient-centered neurosurgical care. We see and treat pediatrics, adults and geriatrics.
The Registered Nurse 1 position assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to service area.
RN 1 - Practice duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Age specific admission and ongoing assessments are completed, documented and used to develop a plan of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
- Patient/family (caregiver) educational needs are identified in a timely manner, incorporated into the plan of care, implemented and documented appropriately.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing of an accredited college or graduate of an approved program eligible to sit for the VA licensure exam.
Licensure/Certification: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in Virginia or eligible to obtain Virginia RN licensure. Obtain CPR, and as needed ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications.
Other: Computer skills required for electronic medical record (EPIC). Successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. Meet essential job functions.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 119473
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Neurosurgery (Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences)
Shift Details: 8-4:30
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.