20 bed telemetry PCU specializes in the care and management of all general and bariatric surgery patients. This unit houses the majority of Enhanced Recovery (ERAS) patients.
They also serves as the alternate unit for neuro/trauma surgery patients, hospitalist/medicine patients, and urology/other surgery patients.
- The Operations Manager has rotating 24-hour accountability and responsibility for a direct care nursing unit/area providing a link between daily operations and achievement of organizational goals. The Operations Manager is responsible for creating safe, healthy environments that support the work of the health care team and contribute to patient and employee engagement.
- Provides day-to-day leadership for successful implementation and execution of goals, action plans, and objectives for the department. Responsibilities include daily throughput of unit, patient experience rounding, employee rounding for engagement, quality monitoring of unit, planning of budget and managing expenses.
- Communicates, organizes, prioritizes, leads, facilitates, coaches and problem solves with reporting staff to ensure that goals and objectives are met. (Quality, Patient Experience, Employee Engagement, Staff Retention and Throughput)
- Works with other department leaders to carry out new health care services and performance improvement initiatives. Positively and appropriately represents Carilion Clinic at public and professional meetings.
- May provide direct patient care or assist employees in overall care of patients.
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing. BSN Required.
Experience: At least 2 years in a clinical nursing role.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. AHA BLS-HCP required. May be required to obtain/maintain BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP based on specific work unit. In Psychiatry and Behavioral Health, de-escalation training must be successfully completed within four months of hire and then maintained going forward. Licensure and/or certification in medical or management related discipline preferred.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting and work competency skills. Promotes a respectful, inclusive culture of service excellence. In Psychiatry and Behavioral Health must possess ability to appropriately handle/restrain patients who may be disruptive and/or physically violent.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 110633
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CRMH - Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
Shift: Variable Hours
Shift Details: D/E variable hours, some weekend hours
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.