Plans, develops, coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates general as well as specialty-specific learning resources to maintain or increase the skill/knowledge of team members.
- Enhances clinical and/or educational competence of clinical team members across the organization by developing and utilizing needs assessments and Education Action Plans.
- Provides general and specialty-specific education to prepare team members to be safe, efficient, and competent practitioners.
- Provides general and/or specialty-specific preceptor development on an on-going basis.
- Provides general and /or specialty-specific development programs for Learning Specialist role.
- Partners with Learning Specialists for the development and administration of a standardized and collaborative Annual Competency Review assessment for licensed and non-licensed clinical team members.
- Develops test questions for the Annual Competency Review (ACR) online testing database, utilizing test construction principles and assembles unit specific ACR tests.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, facilitates, and evaluates general as well as specialty-specific programs in collaboration with Learning Specialist and unit leadership partners to maintain or increase the skill/knowledge of team members.
- Ensures adult learning principles are integrated into all programs developed internally or presented by external sources.
- Actively participates in quality and safety initiatives to ensure team members are improving practice to support quality and safety standards.
- Facilitates and supports team member involvement in professional and organizational activities.
- Demonstrates professional accountability by involvement in professional organizations.
- Provides input for the clinical evaluation of team members.
- Participates in the selection, evaluation and hiring of potential team members.
- Facilitates professional development of team members through the utilization of educational curriculum.
- Provides educational materials/curriculum to maintain ongoing knowledge and compliance with organizational, regulatory policies and procedures.
- Effectively expresses ideas in verbal and written communication to team members and groups.
- Embraces, communicates and promotes change.
- Provides formal education presentations.
- Serves as a preceptor for new Learning Consultants and supports precepting of Learning Specialist I and II roles.
- Participates in specialty-specific, site-specific or corporate committees and/or educational initiatives that influence organizational strategic imperatives.
- Participates in professional development opportunities that increase his/her effectiveness in the role.
- Creates opportunities to develop critical thinking and critical reasoning skills for all team members.
- Utilizes critical thinking and knowledge assessments to outline educational development plans for team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the research process; interprets and uses evidence-based practice guidelines in addressing learning needs.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Serves as a liaison and informal consultant to other Orlando Health department committees regarding educational efforts.
- Participates in process improvement activities as assigned.
- Bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree, Education or related field is required.
- Maintains current Registered Nurse license in the State of Florida.
- Must have current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- National specialty certification in Nursing Professional Development, Certified Nurse Educator or area of clinical practice required except in cases where there is no certification available.
- Five (5) years of acute care hospital clinical experience required to include within that time three (3) years in specialty area.
- One (1) year of experience in an education role is required.