How You’ll Help Transform Healthcare:
As a member of the Navigated Patient Scheduling Center, triages incoming calls. As part of the health care team, assumes primary accountability for nursing coordination and provision of individualized care for patients of all ages. Utilizes delegation and critical thinking skills to provide quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach to patient care.
- Consults with callers, analyzes information by listening to caller comments, asking proper questions and using broad medical knowledge to counsel and refer patients regarding their health care needs. Directs to liaison nurse, physician, emergency room or urgent care center as appropriate.
- Triages appointments. Schedules patient appoints.
- Processes referrals and does demographic and insurance data collection.
- Answers patient’s clinical questions and provides patient education. Consults with callers regarding classes and services that may be of benefit to them.
- Collects data for quality processes and service improvement.
- Consistently demonstrates the role of patient advocate, protector of patient’s rights, and provider of psychological/social/cultural support.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development to appropriately care for patients served.
- Provides feedback to staff using appropriate communication and documentation.
- Enters information into the electronic medical record and may enter information in other data bases for quality improvement or clinical research.
- May Process routine medication refills.
What We Require:
Education: Graduate of school of professional nursing. BS RN preferred. CNS RN preferred.
Experience: 4 years of varied nursing experience required, with some of this in inpatient nursing. Ambulatory nursing experience preferred as well.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Currently licensed as Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of Virginia or new graduate of approved program eligible to sit for the Virginia licensure exam required.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Must successfully complete orientation and competency requirements. AHA BLS- HCP preferred. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Must be able to meet essential job functions. Must have advanced nursing skill and knowledge across the specialties. Excellent communications and critical thinking skills required. Must be able to quickly establish rapport with customers over the phone.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 139017
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Carilion Clinic Orthopaedic Surgery (Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences)
Shift Details: M-F, 8:30-5p, No Holidays or Weekends, Work from home option once sucessfully completing orientation
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.