Provides leadership and assumes accountability for appropriate patient placement and resource utilization through collaboration with Carilion Management, Clinical Staff, Unit Staff, and Transfer Center Staff. Facilitates patient flow into and within the Carilion Clinic. Connects the medical staff of Carilion Clinic with referring physicians. Facilitates effective two-way communication and resolution of operational issues in support of Carilion Clinic goals and objectives. Provides support for all staff members while delivering quality service through a team oriented, collaborative approach.
- Demonstrates effective Critical Thinking Skills while facilitating patient and physician access to Carilion Clinic’s comprehensive services.
- Facilitates effective patient throughput by ensuring proper patient placement through collaboration with Carilion’s management and patient care teams.
- Ensures and facilitates communication to Carilion Clinic’s internal stakeholders (HeartNet, Emergency Department, PACU, etc.).
- Assumes responsibility for identifying and problem solving throughput issues on an ongoing basis. Situational Awareness is essential.
- Demonstrates the ability to work within a technologically advanced environment to facilitate patient access to Carilion Clinic.
- Demonstrates proficiency utilizing triage techniques, prioritization and delegation optimizing Carilion Clinic resources for the communities in which it serves.
- Serves as mentor and professional role model in facilitating problem resolution for clinical and non-clinical issues.
- Utilizes leadership and customer service skills to organize, prioritize, direct, and give feedback regarding nursing care delivered by various levels of staff.
- Contributes to Carilion Clinic’s performance improvement activities.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of nursing. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years required. Critical Care / ED experience preferred.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Current Virginia RN license required. Must achieve Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of accepting position.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates leadership qualities with integrity at current level of practice and experience. Must demonstrate effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in a positive, courteous manner. Performs as a team player who is focused on the customer and has demonstrated problem solving skills. Must have the ability to resolve complaints, problems and issues with tact and focus of service excellence. Embodies a philosophy of service and patient centered care.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 137912
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Park View
Shift Details: Hours between 7p-7a, Three 12 hour shifts, up to Every other weekend
Recruiter: DANA E JOHNSON
Recruiter Phone: 540-400-4631
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.