PRN/Flex Position - Operating hours are Monday -Friday 8am - 4:30 pm. No weekends, nights or holidays. 4, 6, 8 hour shifts.
Our Licensed Practical Nurses provide practical nursing support in the delivery of quality care for the patient in a physician practice or clinic setting as directed by the physician or mid-level practitioner.
LPN job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Completes patient assessment to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint, current medications, etc.
- Prepares patient for provider evaluation, including obtaining specimens, positioning for exams, listing medications, assisting during exams and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Administers medications and injections as directed by the provider.
- Maintains work area, exam, treatment and x-ray rooms and lab in a clean, safe manner; restock with supplies and instruments; sterilize reusable equipment as needed.
- Documents patient information in the electronic medical record.
- Provides patient teaching as indicated and directed by the provider, including lab results, diet instructions, medication instructions, appropriate follow-up, and reinforcing provider instructions as needed.
- Assists with referral authorizations for specialists and pre-authorizations for testing and ancillary services.
- Assists with lab procedures.
Education: Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing required, or new graduate of approved program eligible to sit for the Virginia licensure exam.
Experience: One (1) year experience in a physician office preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Virginia (LPN) required. Licensure as a Radiologic Technician Limited if performing radiology. Current AHA BLS-HCP certification required.
Other: Customer driven. Demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and a professional appearance and approach. Must have the ability to problem-solve and communicate with a wide variety of people in an effective manner. Must exhibit skills to utilize automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Keyboarding skills required for automated computer systems, including electronic medical records. Fast paced physician practice. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Requisition Number: 130955
Employment Status: Flex
Location: Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences
Shift Details: Monday -Friday 8am -4:30 pm
Recruiter: EMILY F ALLEN
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.