Participates in assessing, planning, coordinating and implementing the education programs provided to patients diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus.
Bachelor’s degree from an approved school of nursing.
Registered Nurse in the state of Florida renewed every two years. Maintains current BLS certification. Certified Diabetes Educator by
the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (renewed every five years)
Three (3) years of clinical experience required. Previous teaching and staff development skills/experience.
• Is involved with the updating and revision of the Diabetes Education curriculum for patients and for nursing staff.
• Actively participates in community outreach programs.
• Participates in community and corporate health fairs.
• Facilitates diabetes support groups.
• Serves on committees as required.
• Takes weekend call as assigned.
• Communicates patient needs to all members of the Diabetes Center Team.
• Plans, develops and implements in-service education for staff development.
• Collaborates with medical staff and nursing staff for the ongoing management and education of the diabetes patients.
• Is expected to adhere to Orlando Health policies, procedures, guidelines, mission and vision statements and commitment to excellence.
• Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.